January 01, 2020 • Nanjulula
2019 was a year swamped with skin care routines from all over the world!! Many of our customers have enjoyed the benefits of Bio-Oil; From keeping stretch marks at bay during pregnancy to fading out scars from acne breakouts. As we move into the season of new beginnings, we thought you could use some more information as to why this oil remains one of our faves:
1. Scars: Bio-Oil helps to improve the appearance of scars – from major surgical scars to minor cuts, bites and grazes – so you can wear your skin-baring summer wardrobe with confidence. Massage Bio-Oil into the scar twice a day, for a minimum of three months to soften and improve the appearance of the scar.
2. Sunburn: If you forgot to apply sunscreen or didn’t apply enough, the healing properties of Calendula Oil, Rosemary Oil, Chamomile Oil, and vitamins A and E will help nourish and soothe sunburnt and overexposed skin. Chamomile oil is rich in anti-inflammatory agents that combat the scarring and redness from sun damage on your skin. On the other hand, calendula oil promotes skin hydration and moisturizing it for that healthy glow.
3. Shaving: Shaving is one of the many chores (that we could skip, if possible) that accompany a good beach day or swim session. Bio-Oil helps eliminate in-grown hairs and that horrible after-shave rash by supplementing the skin’s oily layer that is stripped away by shaving. For a super smooth shaving experience, use it as a pre-shave treatment by leaving it for a minute on your skin then proceed to shave as you normally do.
4. Dehydrated Skin: Bio-Oil helps lock in moisture and supplements the skin’s natural oil levels, which are easily depleted via sun exposure, swimming, and air conditioning. Use Bio-Oil as a daily moisturizer to keep skin hydrated, soft and supple while highlighting your summer glow. Apply more generous amounts to tough skin areas like your elbows and knees daily for better results.
5. Uneven skin tone: High in antioxidants and vitamins A and E, Bio-Oil helps to improve the appearance of pigmentation marks and blemishes caused by excessive sun exposure and hormonal fluctuations. Take advantage of this property by using Bio-Oil as your makeup primer to lock in skin moisture which helps with toning.
6. Hair: Is brittle, dry and frizzy hair costing you your sleep and self-confidence? Pour a couple of drops (remember, a little goes a long way), warm it between your finger and use it to detangle knots and moisturize sun-dulled locks. You can also use it to remove your eye makeup, condition and nutrify your lashes.
7. Nails: When cuticles are exposed to excessive sun, chlorine or salty water, they become dry, chapped and damaged. Massage vitamin E-rich Bio-Oil into your cuticles and manicured nails to protect and repair the damage, keeping them healthy and strong.
Here is a list of other beneficial ingredients found in Bio-Oil you might want to know more about.
1. PurCellin Oil – Purcellin Oil alters the consistency of Bio-Oil so that the oil does not linger on the skin for quick and easier absorption of the other ingredients producing better moisturising results than most oils.
2. Lavender Oil – Derived from the Lavender plant, this essential helps reduce skin inflammation and pain from break outs making it a star ingredient for those in need of moisturizers that help in the management of skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
You can find Bio-Oil here at Kasha, your home for confidentiality and convenience.
This blog post was brought to you by the collaborative writing by Kasha Inc. and Bio Oil Kenya.
We love hearing from our customers, please leave a comment and let us know what you think.