Oraquick HIV Self Test
HIV Self Test Free Upon request with any Delivery Containing at least one of the following products:
- Emergency Contraceptive Pills
- Pregnancy Test
- Ovulation Test
- Daily Pills
About the product:
1. OraQuick is approved for use by RBC/MOH
2. OraQuick has the same reliability as any other HIV screening test (such as standard rapid finger-prick HIV tests performed at clinics), and like any other screening test it requires follow-up confirmatory testing for a positive result.
3. OraQuick is provided by Project San Francisco (PSF). PSF is a non profit Organization and is available for follow-up counseling (regardless of self-test result). For further information please call call the hotline 7787 or visit our clinic in Kicukiro.
4. Link to OraQuick info (http://www.oraquick.com/faqs)
How to use an OraQuick HIV Test:
The Pouch contains:Test kit,test stand and instruction for use.
Step 1:Your test kit contains two pouches,tear open the pouch containing the tube.
Step 2:Remove the cap
Step 3:Do not pour out the liquid,Do not drink
Step 4: Slide the tube into the stand.
Step 5:Tear Open pouch containing the test device and remove,Do not touch the flat pad with your fingers.
Do not eat or Swallow the preservative.
Step 6: Press the Pad Firmly against your gum and swab it along your upper gum once and your lower gum once.
Step 7: Put the Flat pad all the way into the tube until it touches the bottom.
Step 8: Leave It There for 20 Minutes before reading the results.Do not read the results after 40 minutes.
How to Read Results:
HIV POSITIVE: Two Lines,even if the line is faint,means you may be HIV POSITIVE,and you need to seek additional testing.
HIV NEGATIVE: One line next to the “C” and no line to the “T” your result is HIV NEGATIVE.