This medicine is recommended in treatment of
- Trichomonas vaginalis
- Intestinal amebiasis and hepatic amebiasis
When you place an order a call center representative shall reach out to confirm the order and to ask you if you would like to talk to a pharmacist before confirming the order.
Urethritis and Vaginitis
- Adults: 4 tablets (i.e 2 g) taken as single dose at the beginning of a meal
- Adults: 4 tablets (i.e 2 g) taken as a single dose at the beginning of a meal
- Children: 30 mg/kg/day as a single dose. The dose is to be taken for one day only.
- Secnidazole: 500 mg
- Excipients: Calcium hydrogen phosphate, microcrystallie cellulose, wheat starch, hydrated silca, Sodium starch glycolate, gelatin, magnesium stearate, hypromellose.
- Common: Nausea, Stomach pain,
- Altered sense of taste
- Rare immediate allergic reaction: Fever, redness, hives and angioderma (swelling of the face)
- Rarely: Dizziness, sensory and motor nervous system disorders.
- Moderate leukopenia (abnormal low level of white blood cells) which subsidies when treatment is stopped.
For more information, read the leaflet inside, or contact your pharmacist or doctor